Marco’s birthday was this past weekend, along with Daniela’s 4-performance theatre production of Mary Poppins, but we’ll get to that later in the week. I don’t know how 5 days held so many memories. We left Sunday for Orlando and spent the day at MGM. I think it’s called Hollywood Studios now, but whatever. To top things off, it was Star Wars weekend and incase you forgot how much my two love Star Wars, you can click that orange sentence and watch the video. They drank the kool aid and lived to tell about it. I have never been inducted into that particular obsession. I only know Chewbakka’s name because I made the mistake of asking who the hairy guy was. I could feel the judgement and eye rolls all around me.
Some things I learned this weekend:
1. While watching a dance off between Star Wars characters during Star Wars Week at Disney, do not put a child on your shoulders in an attempt to help her see better. You will be swiftly castigated by die hard Star Wars fans who really need a life. I made the mistake of ignoring the first verbal affront. The crowd ripped her from my shoulders and demanded my death by light saber. It was brutal.
2. There are way too many Yodas. It’s an epidemic. Survival of the fittest needs to do it’s thing.
3. There is no food that Disney can’t shape into a light saber.
4. Chicken nugget light sabers do not look like anything that should be eaten by children. Don’t ask why. Use your imagination.
5. Chewbakka can dance. Like, he’s got serious moves! See minute 17:57 of the video below.
6. Star Wars dance offs are weird. Weirder that Sunday night’s Mad Men episode. No lie, they all do gangnam style. And some KKK looking dudes dance to Thrift Shop.
7. Star Wars fans don’t recognize the awkwardness of all of the above.
Happy Birthday Marco. I love you more than Star Wars peeps love a Yoda costume sale. *Spoiler Alert* The bad guys win the dance off.
Yes, let’s get our children’s picture taken with the high tech Nazi suit. That right there is sure to be a winner.