What a weekend! We are the Champions is my current inner dialogue soundtrack. I’ve conquered a Moroccan themed birthday party and 6 girl sleep over. I officially kick some serious boo-tay. A bigger bday party post is to come when I get the pictures, but let it suffice to say that it was a challenge. A fun one, that I readily encouraged, but still a challenge. Help yourself to some moments straight from the gag reel:
1. Daniela, (upon seeing my incredible masterpiece of a Moroccan setting for the first time) “WOW!!!! Mommy!! It’s amazing!!!! [tone change: less excited, more reprimanding] Wait, I thought we weren’t going to use these pillows, I really don’t like how bright the colors are. ” SERIOUSLY CHILD!!!!?? All of this grandeur and you spot the 2 freaking pillows (out of 20!) I snuck in!?
2. Daniela, between having her photo taken in our Moroccan photo booth and getting a Henna tattoo: [cue almost panicked voice] “Mommy! (clutching her hip) I think its my appendix! It’s gonna burst!” God, please don’t ever let her find WebMD.
3. Daniela, on choosing how to celebrate midnight (when it became her actual birthday). “I want to have a food fight in the driveway, but it needs to be with gluten free food because I want (cute little GF friend) to play too.” Yes, I boiled gluten free noodles, and yes they attacked me with them in driveway. In the rain, no less.
4. Me looking like a crazed zombie when parents showed up the following morning. Seriously, the usually presentable mom was in her pi’s with no makeup, beehive hair, and major circles under eyes. One dad didn’t even recognize me. He asked me if I was home. awkward.
5. For the first time, we were not able to take Dani to Disney on her birthday because of Tropical Storm Debby making her presence known in the form of torrential rain and 60-70mph gusts. So we took her and Marina to the mall instead to watch Brave. Let me just say, AMAZEBALLS!!!! New favorite Disney movie of all time! Anyway, of course we had to park 2.75 miles away from the entrance and being the organized mom I am, I have to instruct all occupants of our vehicle that I will embark first with the umbrella then open Daniela’s door, hand her the 2nd umbrella where her and Marina will huddle. Then I will traverse to the other side of the car and open Marco’s door where he and I will huddle under the umbrella. Plan went perfectly, until Marco over stepped the puddle-to-curb leap and sunk straight into shin deep mud. His tennis shoe was sucked right off his damn foot! Bahahahahha!
6. Girls and I are fighting the rain and wind to get into the mall to buy Marco new socks and tennis shoes because of #5. The wind totally destroys their umbrella. I stand there (under my weather proof beauty of an umbrella) and laugh until my sides my hurt. I know, I’m a terrible mother, but OMG was that sight hysterical! My poor girls trying to turn their umbrella down while the wind keeps whipping it inside out again! I’m not completely insensitive, I hollered out for them to just run for it :)
7. As much as I want to tell this story, I can’t. Daniela would kill me. I’ve been pinky sworn in the bathroom stall of the theatre that I CANNOT put this story on the blog. Plus she was shaking her finger in my face. Girls gonna be a teacher one day. Besides, everyone knows theatre bathroom stall pinky promises are binding and irrevocable. Punishment for breakage is unfathomable. I can’t risk it.
Cheers all! I’m off to track plane statuses because my awesome sister in law flies in tomorrow with my little bambino of a nephew and I don’t want freaking Tropical Storm Debby screwing with my plans any more than she already has. psycho beeyotch.